Why ignore is a moniker I started using to chat on various websites about politics. I was fed up with how many ideas, thoughts and events that it seemed the general public was ignoring or uniformed on. I hope that some will find my thoughts and research of interest. I prefer to post here so my friends on Facebook don't feel I'm spamming them with information. Facebook apparently is meant for poetry and daily life events and was not intended for heavier matters, or so I have been told. I love to research politics and tech for the most part, however my interest can be captured by almost anything so if you would like to know more about a subject just ask, chances are I am interested in it as well and would be happy to research it for you. Subjects can range from anything from dinosaur finds and drilling to the earths mantle to finance, politics and tech.
Politically I lean conservative but I have never yet voted for a Republican president. First thing they teach in humanities courses is that everyone has bias based on environment and upbringing. I try to balance this by reviewing papers that lean liberal and avoid listening to news that weighs to heavily conservative. I like to see the view from both sides of the fence but in the end I always go back to conservative values as I believe in a strong national defence and smaller government. I enjoy Obama's idea of rebuilding bridges with the Muslim world but sometimes I feel he has failed miserably on this front. As Obama himself recently said any decision a president makes has a 30-40% chance of not working, but as president you have to support it whole-heartedly giving the nation full confidence that it will work. I think Obama is a decent man who tries to do the right thing. It is easy to be critical of a president's actions but in the end we have to keep in mind that from the creation of the constitution the USA has been the greatest social experiment in the worlds history. America can endure a lot, but we don't just desire to survive we want to thrive. Obama said it and he couldn't be more right. What America has to decide each election is which candidate is more likely to help America thrive. Now many people feel that our responsibility is to help the world thrive as well and how do we best do that. We have 2 parties with 2 different visions on how to go about these subjects. I hope that my comments will help anyone interested in deciding what they want and which candidate delivers what they want. In the end we all want what is fair, but we have different ideas on what "Fair" means. Hope you enjoy reading my thoughts.
No comments:
Post a Comment